Mending, first steps

The very first step of mending old carpet

This kilim has a 2,2 x 2,7 m size, made from poor wool, and was in very bad shape. It is from the Caucasus, I had it from mid ‘70ies, and even in that time it was very ‘vintage’. It was in bad shape but had nice natural dyed colours so we used it as a wall hanging. The time had arrived to work on it, and to do all the necessary fastenings and repairing some bigger holes. I spent the whole of October in 2017, to make it stronger and also better looking. I chose some nice Anchor woollen embroidery (Gobelin) yarn.

The old full-size piano provided a good surface for me in standing position.

Written on October 1, 2017